In this article I would like to share some very useful and essential webmaster tools that can make the process of managing websites easy.
- Broken Link Checker
- Sitemap Generator
- Search and Replace Tools
- Duplicate Content Checker
Broken Link Checker
If you are a website owner who wants to make sure that your users are going to have a positive experience about your website and want them to revisit you site then one thing you have to care about is broken or dead-links. Your site should be free of broken links and it may be easy to locate them manually if your website has few pages. When you have a large website checking for broken links can be tedious and perhaps impossible so here is the magic tool called the Broken Link Checker. There are many broken links checkers available on the internet:
- Link Validation Spider – This is an online broken link checker at dead-links.com. All you have to do is type the website address in the input box and their spider will crawl your website, read the html code and will give you a report showing all the bad links found, not only 404 status.
- Linkchecker – LinkChecker is a free, GPL licensed software for URL validation. It comes with a command line interface, a GUI client interface and a (Fast) CGI web interface.
- REL Link Checker Lite – This free software can check a small website or homepage with up to 1000 links.
- Web Link Validator – If you are looking for software to maintain a large website, Web Link Validator may help you and is available for 30 day trial.
- WordPress Broken Link Checker – If you are a WordPress webmaster, you can install the WordPress Broken Link Checker plugin that will check all posted links in all blog posts regularly to ensure that the links are valid.